THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, October 7, 2013

Oh hey Whole 30, Round 2

Some might think I'm crazy for taking a trip down the Whole 30 road again, but I like to think that I'm up for the challenge. 

Reasons why I love the whole 30:
It gives me discipline
I'm fueling my body
I feel good while I'm on it
It pushes me
I have never FELT better then while on the whole 30
Its a challenge that I can conquer

Reasons why I loathe the whole 30:
Dishes.....so MANY dishes
No treats
Kinda cranky (just for a few days)
Preparation
And it can be spendy

This time around I'm doing things a bit different. The hubs isn't doing the Whole 30 with me this time, but he's eating what I eat (which means he's going to eat junk while he's not around me :)). I'm going to try to do this on a grocery budget. Another big difference is D is in school this time around and Sully is eating table food now so I'm still going to be making kid friendly meals, but I'm going to try my best to make them Whole 30 approved. 

My hopes for this time around:
I'm going to take before/after pictures and measurements
I'm going to to go out and just make the right choices
I'm going to try and "move" for at least 30 minutes a day whether that's walking, soccer or zumba
And I am putting the scale AWAY

Enough rambling, now what I made for dinner. Quick, easy and tasty and the whole family loved it!

Thai Curry Chicken


Thai Curry Chicken (feeds family of 4 with leftovers)
  • 3 chicken breasts
  • zucchini
  • carrots
  • broccoli
  • mushrooms
  • 1 can of coconut milk
  • 2 TSP of curry (any flavor of curry I used Thai curry)
Cube chicken breasts and cook in coconut oil, salt and pepper chicken while cooking.  Remove chicken from pan. In skillet place can of coconut milk and mix with curry, cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. While curry mixture is cooking steam chopped veggies. (I highly recommend cheating and using a ziploc steam bag). After veggies are steamed and curry has been cooked for 5 minutes add chicken and veggies back to the pan. Let simmer for 10 minutes.  Voila super easy dinner! 

Round 2, Day 1
What I ate today:
B: banana, chicken apple sausage and cashews (my avocados were bad)
L: Scrambled eggs with cilantro/tom/onion, apple and sunbutter
D: Thai Curry Chicken (my fat was the coconut milk)

E: 50 mins Zumba with a touch of U-Jam





0 comments: