THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Day 10 and some truth

Let's be real about doing a whole 30, any time you re-vamp what you're eating you have to have time. Time to plan, prepare and cook. And time to clean. Yesterday on Day 10 I just wasn't feeling the cooking and planning part. Call me crazy, but I was tired. Tired because the baby is cutting molars and up crazy hours of the night, and tired because the oldest woke up 3 times in the night because of an ear ache. So ya I was tired.....some may even call it exhausted. So I slipped, and honestly I don't feel bad about it because it gave me some serious insight.

In the midst of a sleepless night, a grumpers baby and a little lady that wasn't feeling up to par we had family photos. Perfect day right? ;) Somehow we rallied and the kids both made it through pics and the hubs and I didn't fall asleep from a sleepless night. With family pictures we did Sully's first birthday cake smash a bit early (our friend/photog is preggo and due in the next month so it was just easier). Any who, a cake smash means cake right? So I picked little man up a pretty little cake from Chuck's. Red Velvet to be exact. I mean he was going to smash it so he needed to be nice and messy.....right? Wrong (secretly I wanted a piece of that bad boy)

So we do family pics, I tell the hubs I'm not into cooking so we decide on takeout. I mean we were so close to the Thai food place, so why not? Well let me tell ya why that was a bad decision, or rather an eye opening decision. I was all excited for my delicious chicken pad thai. Surprisingly my delicious pad thai, was rather rich and it was A LOT of food and my tummy wasn't a huge fan of all those carbs/oils/sauce/etc. Hmm maybe my eating habits really are changing I pondered. Then I decided to cut into that beautiful Red Velvet cake that my little guy hardly touched. I had been patiently waiting for a bite of it. Not because I've been craving sugar, but because damnit it looked delicious and I wanted some! Welp, a took a bite and man was it delicious but HOLY CRAP was it sweet! And oh man, was it worth it? Probably not but I realize that life is not perfect, eating habits are not perfect, and this whole 30 is not perfect. But I'm ok with that. It's part of learning. It's part of figuring out myself and my body. It's part of figuring out why I feel like I need to eat things when I don't really want to. Make sense? Clear as mud? Ya, I get it. What I got from the whole experience on Day 10 was that if I probably had  full night's sleep I most likely wouldn't have made poor eating decisions because I would have had a plan. But that is life. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow and realize that tomorrow is going to be better. 
So here's to starting new today!

Quick side note on what I did eat

What I ate, Day 10
Breakfast: Smoothie (berries, banana, spinach and ice)
Lunch: Leftovers (wrapped sausage with bacon) and roasted broccoli
Dinner: Thai and cake (BOO ON YOU)

0 comments: