THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, September 22, 2013

The first day of fall

The first day of fall in the lovely Pacific Northwest means rain, and lots of it. I'm not complaining. Fall is one of my favorite seasons, maybe because its the start of the holidays, almost my birthday or because I can justify boots, scarves and hoodies.

In honor of the first day of fall crockpot baked potato soup needed to happen.  It's one of the hubby's favorite meals. He likes it so much that he will get up early to heat it up for his thermos for lunchtime. 


Crockpot Baked Potato Soup



















Ingredients
  • 5 lbs of russet or yukon potatos, diced not peeled
  • 2 cloves of garlic or the equivalent of minced garlic
  • 64 oz of chicken broth
  • 16 oz of light cream cheese
  • toppings (sour cream, shredded cheese, bacon, green onions)
Instructions
  • Cook potatoes, garlic and chicken broth on low for 8 hours or high for 5 hours.
  • Puree/blend half of your potato/broth mixture with both bricks of cream cheese. (we like our potato soup chunky so I don't puree the whole soup)
  • Serve soup with any of the above toppings
Note this makes a TON of soup so I'd half it if you are a small family. My family love this soup so I cook the whole shebang and we just eat it for lunch throughout the week.

If you're feeling extra fancy and don't care about the bazillion calories serve soup with this garlic cheese bread. You can thank my bestie for finding the little delicious number.

I'll post pics of the soup after it's done cooking :) Happy first day of fall!
Love,
Stace


0 comments: