THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

A whole new me.....the process

This last year has been a year of change....some call it life, the hubs and I call it an adventure. In this year, we moved, my parent's moved to the other side of the world....literally, I quit my full time job, we had Sully, Dylan started school and my special needs younger sis lived with us for 7 months and then we moved her into an adult family home a few streets away. Lots of change, lots of reflection, lots of LIFE!

During this time of life changes, all I could think about was getting healthy, being a better me, and loving myself. I was tired of not having enough energy, not liking what i saw and to be completely honest i just wanted to start LOVING me. I had an epiphany and a mission was started.

6 weeks after I had Sully somehow my hubby talked me into joining a beginners co-ed soccer league with all of our friends. This was HUGE! I'm not what you'd call a "competitive or athletic" person, but nerves set aside I was ready for the challenge. 

Lil' Lebowski Urban Achievers was quickly formed.
Then we got some amazing tuxedo shirts so we could be super cool!

Then we got a sweet sponsor and got new shirts with super cool logos on the back, thank you Thomas Family Tree!

And in case you're wondering why the guy in the back is wearing purple (aka my hubs) he's our goalie so that's why he wears a different shirt.

With my new found love of soccer, I really started to get on the exercising bandwagon. I started walking 5Ks...another big deal!  My lovely friends were there to cheer me on when they all finished before me :)

We did the Shamrock Run in PDX

and the Tulip Trot

and then the Retro Run (hence the sweet outfit and hair)
My girlfriends and I have taken a bit of a summer hiatus to 5Ks but I hear there's a Bacon Race coming up that involves a run/walk and all-you-can-eat bacon! I may have to ponder that one. 

 In this adventure to get healthy the whole fam bam has gotten involved. D rides her bike while I push Sully in the stroller on our walks.
 My kids even hangout while I'm doing Zumba
They don't even judge me when I leave looking like this ;)

This whole weight loss/get healthy/be strong not skinny adventure is a work in progress. I've had ups and downs. I've fallen off the wagon and got back on. 
In this journey I've realized this is a daily battle.  I feel better when I take care of myself, whether its eating right or exercising. 

A few months back I celebrated my 40 lb weight loss with a family day out and some delicious treats from Salt and Straw. PS never, I mean NEVER look up the calories....I now know why their ice cream is so delicious!

I'm still teetering close to my 50 lb mark, its so close but so far!  The fact that I've maintained during the summer with camping, bbqs and lots of eating out is HUGE! So I'm not complaining.

In this adventure I'm finding ME!  
And I can't wait to see where I'm at in the next year.

Love,
Stace

0 comments: