THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

An unbelievably big day today

Today was a big day; we talked about it all summer. School clothes were made and bought, a new backpack and supplies were packed and unpacked over and over and learning how to spell her last name was her big accomplishment of the summer. Back to school night and meeting her teacher was a hit! She was able to meet her new teacher and did a scavenger hunt in her classroom....PS my daughter apparently knows everything.....and really likes to pop that hip!
Last night I prepped myself for this big day with packing her lunch and writing her a note.....it was really weird packing her a lunch FYI. Side note these wrap mats are amazing!  You could easily make them or wait for them to go on sale on Zulily like I did, but I would def pay full price for them.
Alarms were set, an outfit was laid out and I had one little girl that excitedly fell asleep for the big day. Mommy on the other hand, felt like it was her first day of school and slept awful :)  Waking up the sweet little lady to tell her it was her first day of Kindergarten put a smile on my face. Of course she didn't want to get up because she was still tired, but once she realized that she got to ride the school bus it was game on! Breakfast was had and a special note from Auntie Jen and Uncle Brett was read and then we were off, but first we had to get our special "first day of school' pictures out of the way. I mean, she accessorized people, pictures were a must!
Off to the bus stop we went, she practically ran which is always fun when you're carrying 20+ pound baby brother :) Daddy was able to sneak in a quick "good-luck-on-your-first-day-of-school" call while we walked to her bus stop. 
She waited all by herself and then it happened.......
Just like that the Blue bus was here to pick up my big girl for the first day of Kindergarten and boy was she excited! So excited in fact, that she forgot to say goodbye :) No tears were shed, but let's just say it was eerily quiet at our house and 7 hours of no questions asked blew my mind! ;) 
A morning walk with Sully and the G-rents and then a little booty shakin' "parking lot" Zumba with my little sidekick started my day off right and probably was the best way to keep my mind off little Miss D being gone. And yes I did do Zumba in a parking lot, because we're uber cool....and because they're refinishing the hardwood floors in the grange. 
Between nap time, errand running and wasting time on the interwebs it was time to pick her up before I knew it! 
She came home more excited then when she left! Fave part of the day....recess.....OF. COURSE. (There she goes poppin' that hip again....must be from her Dad's side) My Grandma asked her if she missed us and she promptly replied, "no!" I can act like I'm surprised, but if you've ever met this little lady you know that she means that in the nicest sassiest way possible. Of course since it was such a big day that meant she needed special treats, so brother bear and I whipped her up some hodge podge cookies before she got home from school. 

Today was a whirlwind but a happy lady, tasty treats, a balloon and cupcake from Auntie Jen and then ending the afternoon with a bike ride with her friends was just what D needed for her first day of Kindergarten <3 
Thank goodness for no tears, smiles and memories being made!
Love,
Stace

In case you want the Hodge Podge Cookie Recipe
(expect soft and chewy type cookies)
Hodge Podge Cookies (makes 4-5 dozen)

2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 4oz pkg of instant vanilla pudding (other flavors can be used)
2 eggs 
This is the basic recipe but I add extras. Today I added 3 mashed bananas, 3/4 c oatmeal and 1 1/2 c of chocolate chips.

Mix flour and soda together and set aside. Mix butter and sugars together. Add vanilla. Mix in instant pudding and eggs. Once mixed, add to flour mixture. Add additional "add-ons" if you'd like. If not, bake at 375 degrees for 7-9 minutes.

Add On Ideas
chocolate chips
white chocolate chips
chopped nuts
banana
oatmeal
m&ms

I've made these cookies with vanilla and butterscotch pudding. Our fave add on combo is vanilla pudding with butterscotch chips (1 cup), nuts (1 cup) and oatmeal. They always "disappear" rather quickly. Enjoy!

0 comments: